Friday, February 19, 2010

Mouth watering!! yum....yum.......yum!!!

When you're happy, your food of choice could be steak or pizza or just anything you relish, when you're sad it could be ice cream or cookies, and when you're bored it could be potato chips. Food does more than fill our stomachs -- it also satisfies feelings, and when you quench those feelings with comfort food when your stomach isn't growling.

Today was among those happy days when I just wanted to treat myself and ignore all the extra pounds that I was putting on! At work we usually have a walk to the street corner to have a healthy bowl of fruits. And I wanted to have some delicious mouth watering pastry. I actually wanted to have the fruit bowl as my lunch and the pastry as my desert. The two were in different directions, time is a constraint, and the heart craves for both!!

Well I am surrounded by lovely and beautiful people among whom there was one person who assured to get me my desert for the day!! After my fruit bowl, the desert had just slipped out of my mind. I returned to my desk and just was about to begin with my work and the extension line rings…….on call was my lovely colleague who had promised me my desert for the day!! Wow…..I realize…….I hurry…..call along a couple of my friends to share……collect the desert and rush to the cafeteria.

Imagine…..a yum looking chocolate pastry, with a load of calories, and a chocolate chip on it!! Isn’t that mouth watering?? That was my pastry!! I relished it for its taste, for the company, and of course the sweet person who bought it for me.  It was among the best deserts I’ve had…..for the taste, for the people around, the good heart buying!! Well sometimes just eating is not just all that matter……..what?? from where?? from whom?? how?? And why?? Also matter to get the best out!! 

Thank you........Bhavna, Sapna, Rekha, Rajatha and Sunil!! Also my thanks and sorry to all the on-lookers, blog readers and the rest with whom I have not shared this moment and experience. 

3 comments:

  1. Sneha,

    Thanks for the Pastry treat... In fact we were completely blank when u asked us to come up to cafeteria quickly... we had no clue... We thought there might be some meeting or a discussion or something boring related to work. I realised your maddness only when i saw the box of pastry from "Just bake"!! And I exclaimed again : "What a mad girl!!"


    And once you started having that chocolaty pastry, everyone started staring @ you. Its not bcoz u r having it... but its bcoz the way u had it. U enjoyed it forgetting the whole world around you.

    Though that was a tiny moment in our lives, we lived it 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sneha,

    For not inviting me... as I was on diet.. and came told me later.. as best bud would do...

    Lots of love, may u get many more yum..yum!!! deserts and Sweet people arround u

    Love,
    Rajatha

    ReplyDelete